InvestorPlace listed some of the largest companies traded publicly in the US in 2015 and Apple was ranked first on the list. This may come as a shock to many; however, there are various facts about this multi-billion dollar company that makes this plausible. Currently, the company’s shares are valued at $673 billion.
From the dark horse or underdog that was once competing with IBM, the iPhone, the company’s most popular product has catapulted Apple to an unbeaten force in consumer electronics. Tim Cook took over the stewardship of the company as CEO from Steve Jobs and there has been phenomenal growth ever since.
In order to accentuate the immense success that Apple has become, here is a list of 11 crazy facts that describe just how wildly successful Apple is.
- Not many companies can brag about having $206 billion cash on hand. Apple does. This is $651 per person; out of a population of 316 million in the US. That amount is enough to buy everyone an iPhone (16GB).
- The same amount ($206billion) can purchase a total of 3,169 Gulfstream G650s and still have enough over to fuel the jets.
- In the last quarter, the Company managed to sell 5.71 million Macs. Considering the population in the state of Minnesota, each individual can get their own computer and the Company would still have a few left.
- In the fiscal year 2014, the electronics manufacturing giant manage a $ 39.5billion. This amount is enough to buy Pinterest, Snapchat and Airbn and still have a few billion dollars left.
- It is hard to imagine that there is a company that would supersede the coffers in terms of liquid cash. However, this is not the case with regard to apple as its cash on hand exceed the US treasury.
- In the last quarter, 48.05 million iPhones were sold by the Company. These exceed the number of iPhones needed to give each individual in Spain.
- The last quarter also saw the company sell 9.88million iPads; this equates to 106 iPads per Apple employee.
- With regard to the company’s fiscal annual revenue, the most current report recorded $233.7billion with an annual profit of $53.4 billion. As a result, this would denote a profit of $1billion weekly.
- Apple’s recorded revenue for the last quarter was $51.5billion. This amount exceeds the whole economy of Costa Rica.
- In the 2014 fiscal year, Apple’s value as a Company was worth more than the Russian stock market as a whole. Essentially, the market capitalization was at 700billion for the first time in the Company’s history. Since the current CEO; Tim Cook took over from Steve Jobs, the Company’s Market Capitalization has doubled.
- At the beginning of 2015, Apple announced that it had managed to sell over a billion iOS devices. This amount of iOS devices is enough to give every individual in India an iOS device or give 15 of these devices to each person in the UK.
These are some of the amazing facts that prove that the electronic giant Apple is a force to be reckoned with in the electronic manufacturing industry. Considering the continued growth seen under Tim Cook’s stewardship, Apple is on a path towards greater success and the facts above are proof enough.